Notice: Undefined index: page in /data/www/siliconguide/qa/thread.php on line 13
HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B
 Guides:  Drivers | Questions & Answers | Software | Write to Us
Technical Questions and Answers Silicon Guide
Search SiliconGuide:

HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B

Questions & Answers > PC Hardware
krishnamohan on May 30, 2003
HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B

i'm using xp professional.xy drive's stopped working all of a sudden.all it says is 'please
insert a disk into drive g'.i've tried reinstalling the driver but it doesnt work.
krishnamohan on May 31, 2003
help HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B

and i tried system restore to an earlier date.but
no use.if i need a new driver where do i get it
it's an lg cdrom drive.
CHRIS on July 6, 2003
RE: HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B

MIne WOnt work Either. LIke all of a sudden it says the drivers wont load but all the drivers are fine
Nick Hartmann on July 9, 2003

I have exactly same the problem, suddenly my CD-RW won't recognize and CD-R or CD-RW I put in it. Windows XP Home that I use says the device is working properly. The only major system changes I have had have been the Windows XP updates.
CJ on July 19, 2003

I to have had the same thing with my HL-DT-ST CDROM> My rig was in a Dell I just bought a new combo drive and fix the hunk of junk by putting it to rest in the round file.I got the Memorex High speed Internal E-IDE DVD-ROM . This way I hvae the best of both worlds its a DVD-GOM and a CD-ROM as well just a reader Good Luck. CJ
JOHNNY on September 30, 2003

I need a driver for my internal CD RW drive .
I'm running on mac OS 9.2.1.
The vendor is " HL-DT-ST"
The Product I.d is "CD-RW GCE-8240B"

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE
COULD HELP!
zel on October 19, 2003

i have the same problem could some one please help i need the drivers
dag on October 21, 2003

we do have the same problem could anybody help us...please...
ramesh on November 3, 2003
RE: HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8482b

sir ,

i need cdrom driver for win98se

pls

thanks
MIKE on December 14, 2003
RE: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B

MY cd-rw/cd-rom is a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B and it stopped working when i try to check for the problem it gives me a code 39 please help!!!!
waheed on January 3, 2004

driver update
eric on January 5, 2004

Lost driver for my cd-rom device for Win2000 pro. Anybody know where i could download the driver for it?
Asif on January 6, 2004

I have removed cdwriter and when i connected my LG cdrom, it is asking for the drivers. From where can i get the driver for it?
yankstorm on January 14, 2004

same deal,spend at least 2 hours messin with it i tried uninstalling the same sht you guys are goin through,good luck. im just going new hardware. tried downlowd patches still wont recoggnize sht. good luck let me know if you figure it out. thanks good luck
Numbrcrnchr on February 10, 2004

I had the same problem...both drives were suddenly not available, although uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. Code 39 has to do with the uninstallation of Easy CD Creator or other burning software....it's a known bug.
You can find the fix on the Windows XP support site - search "code 39".
You need to edit the registry...be careful!
Ekipa on February 24, 2004

momci good luck but this is the shit of cd rom lg sucks srecno vozdra
LARRY on February 24, 2004

D:\ is not accessible.
The device is not ready.
please help.
Guilherme on March 13, 2004

My CD-ROM suddenly stopped accepting any CD-r or CD-rw I put in it. It's HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B and Windows XP says it's working properly. If someone knows what's happening, please help us.
Asim on March 29, 2004

hi,
i need 2 download my cd-rom driver 4 Windows XP(i.e.HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8521B).
please reply me that how can download it.

Bye!
Asim
Gokhan Cakan on April 19, 2004

i have the same problem that i could not see my CD-ROM which is HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B! and i cant find any updates for the driver!
pls help me asap!

Thanks
Santhosh Kumar on April 21, 2004

mine is also not working with some CD's
please anybody help me to solve the problem
Ethics Gradient on April 24, 2004

It seems like these drives are either made faulty, or else rapidly become unreliable. ATAPI devices calling for drivers under *any* release of windows since 95. I think there's something in the firmware that is causing it to get killed by windows and/or linux in the same way that mandrake 9.2 (early release) killed some non-CDRW LG ROMS. The LG drivers site is currently useless. I recommend we all do what I have done: Goto the LG website http://us.lgservice.com, click contact us, and report that your drive has died. With anyluck, this is a firmware issue and they already know about it, with a fix in the works. but LET THEM KNOW. it's downright irrisponsible they've put such flakey drives out onto the market.

--
The Ethics Gradient
Serge Bekono on April 28, 2004

I have a serious problem with my CDROM.after installing XP GOLD 5.5 i'm not able to use my CDROM because of a configuration error in the register basis ( code 19 ).Please i need help.
junaid on May 23, 2004

hey i have the same prob
plz some one help me 2
grateful dude
ujjwal rana on June 1, 2004
cd rom problem

I had the same problem...both drives were suddenly not available, although uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. Code 39 has to do with the uninstallation of Easy CD Creator or other burning software....it's a known bug.
You can find the fix on the Windows XP support site - search "code 39".
You need to edit the registry...be careful!
YAN on June 12, 2004

The same problem, but GCR-8523B.
We're mob and no answer!
Yan
Ethics Gradient on June 12, 2004

Through exhaustive testing (about 10 other machines), it's looking like there are some hardware configurations the GCR-8521B's just wont work with. The drive worked fine with some and not others (all home brew PC, so I can't easily give you brands). I have since swapped mine with my Liteon 52x32x52x in my work machine, and it's working perfectly and very fast, and the Liteon is working great in the home box.

The moral appears to be, if it's stopped working with your system, you're unlucky. Swap it with an equivalent drive if you have one lying in another machine, or take it back to where you got it. This is hardware that should have been tested more thoroughly.

It's a weaselly conclusion this whole debacle, but it seems to be the way out until LG get around to releasing a firmware upgrade.

There you;

Ethics Gradient
Petar Peshev on June 17, 2004

Hi all,
maybe I can help. I experienced the following problem:
After installing win XP sp2 RC1, my computer started normally, but after logging on it reported system error and stopped responding.
I found that "Virtual CD" version 4 was the staring program that was to blame for it and unistalled it.
Unfortunately it caused my LG CDROM GCR-8523B to disappear from "Windows Explorer" ("My Computer").
Device manager said that the cdrom device has problems - driver corrupted error code 39. I tried to update driver with several standard cdrom devices, but it always said that cannot install the driver.
Finally I found the solution on: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

I had to delete only "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" "Upperfilters" value, because there were no "Lowerfilters".

After restarting, everything worked.
Hope it works for you too.
Best:
Peter
Erin Carter on August 1, 2004

I had the same problem on Windows 2000 SP4 with a Compaq CD Drive.
I solved it by removing the "Lowerfileters" entry in the registry as mentioned above. Here's the official links to the MSKB articles;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q270/0/08.ASP&NoWebContent=1
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320553
BHUPENDER on September 4, 2004

i'm using xp professional.xy drive's stopped working all of a sudden.all it says is 'please
insert a disk into drive H .i've tried reinstalling the driver but it doesnt work.
and i tried system restore to an earlier date.but no use.if i need a new driver where do i get it it's an lg cdrom drive.
HELPPLZ on September 18, 2004

i have the same drive and it use to disappear so i went to update the drivers from the lge site www.lge.com i updated the exact firmware driver that i needed but then the update never finished and its like my drive is dead the LED light doesnt come on and it doesnt show up at all anymore i dont think its the same exact problem that everyone else is having
JLC on October 8, 2004
RE: COMPAQ HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B

Easy CD Removal definitely the problem.

Reg Fix worked like a charm.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=314060
Joel Fressa on October 21, 2004

Linux and LG GCR-8521B do now work together very
well!

I updated my CD-ROM firmware and it did not help.
Unfortunately, the LG GCR-8521B is NOT linux
friendly. Sorry.

They need to fix that. Don't buy the LG unless they
address this issue. LG DVD works fine, I might add.
Mike on November 1, 2004

Hello sirs!
I have read from different people about that fucken HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8521B signed LG 52X Max, and I have understood that I'm not alone for this red step.The site "fr.lge.com", did not help, could someone else help finding driver both for OS win98 & WinXP?
Morover, I'd like to know if that's really an LG Electronics product?
Thank y'all.
mostafa on November 3, 2004

My cd-rom drive cannot read or play any type of disc
kenzovn on November 4, 2004

i have the same problem could some one please help i need the drivers

I'm using Windows XP. Thank you.
Wasif Qazi on November 8, 2004

My CD-ROM suddenly stopped accepting any CD-r or CD-rw I put in it. It's HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B and Windows XP says it's working properly. If someone knows what's happening, please help me.

Wasif Qazi
Saif Ul Islam on November 11, 2004

Suddenly CD ROM icon disappeared from my Computer and CD ROM stopped working. Please help me out. Thanks.
satish on November 11, 2004
RE: HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8523B

i have lg 52x hl-dt-st cdrom with model number gcr-8523b working in windows98 but suddenly it says please insert the disk even though disk is in the cdrom after sometime again it is working properly and again after several minutes it is not working completely what i have to do can anybody help me

----------- satish
kronpas on November 17, 2004

try lge.com, and notice the name GCR or GCE or anything like that. It may fix the problem (As I did).
Kronpas
Praveen on November 18, 2004
HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8523B

I have lg 52x hl-dt-st cdrom with model number gcr-8523b working in windows xp but suddenly it says please insert the disk even though disk is in the cdrom. If someone knows what's happening, please help me.
semra on December 20, 2004

Can anyone send me above cdrom s driver....
Elisa on December 24, 2004

i have problem with recorder HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B. i use widows 98 and my device can't detect this recorder. i can choose only 'Virtual CDR-RW'. please help!!thank You very much!
EMÝN on January 9, 2005

insert a disk into drive g'.i've tried reinstalling the driver but it doesnt work.
tabbal mohamed on January 10, 2005

I have lg 52x hl-dt-st cdrom with model number gcr-8523b working in windows xp but suddenly it says please insert the disk even though disk is in the cdrom. If someone knows what's happening, please help me.
David Huett on January 13, 2005

if you have installed the ide drivers that came with your mainboard, try removing the driver and go back to the standard windows driver.
my gcr-8523b failed under xp (locks at boot up or if started, locks the system when a disk was inserted)but work ok again when the nvidia ide drivers were removed (epox mainboard)
hope this helps. :-D
daniel on January 27, 2005

i am having the same problem with my HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8482B

i put a cdrom in, go to open it and it says please insert cdrom..

please e-mail me or reply with a fix!
its radical man0069 on February 7, 2005
RE: HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B im gonna throw it out

STUPID ME UNISTALLED ROXIO CREATOR 5.10 AND NOW WINDOWS ME SEES DRIVE AS A STANDARD CDROM . IVE TRIED EVERYTHING HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZ
Faris Anis on February 8, 2005

i'm having the problem to detect my cd-rom. pls help me.
Joe on February 9, 2005

Everytime I try to use my HL-DT-ST CDROM GCR-8521B, I get "insert cd rom" even though there is one in there. Can someone please help me fix this annoying problem.
Thank you
Next Page >>Page 1 of 3

Didn't find what you were looking for on this page?
Browse all PC Hardware related questions
Browse all Questions and Answers
Copyright 1999 - 2016 SiliconPharm Corporation, All Rights Reserved