Notice: Undefined index: page in /data/www/siliconguide/qa/thread.php on line 13
problem with IItronics IMP-11
 Guides:  Drivers | Questions & Answers | Software | Write to Us
Technical Questions and Answers Silicon Guide
Search SiliconGuide:

Questions & Answers > Electronics
laura on November 30, 2005

today i bought this item (256mb)
and followed the instructions in the manual, but it just won't work. it can't seem to find the removable disk...the add new hardware thing doesn't work..nothing seems to work at all. please help?
bazz7777777 on November 30, 2005
RE: problem with IItronics IMP-11

are you using windows xp ?
laura on November 30, 2005

yes, but i got it to work. i tried turning my computer off before and nothing happened, so i turned it off and unplugged it from the wall, put it back in and now it works :)
barbra on December 8, 2005

i still cant get mine to work ive had it for months and it still isnt working how can i get it to work cuz its annoying da hell outta me
steve on December 19, 2005

ive managed 2 put songs onto imp11 it says the memory is eing used but in music it says no files
steve on December 19, 2005

i am using windows xp i can download them onto the imp 11 but no songs show up on it
lynn on December 20, 2005

have put on 148 tracks but only shows 99 on player
but if check list on computer shows all 148 how do you get listings for other tracks above 99 and play them
Unknown on December 20, 2005
RE: problem with IItronics MP3 Player

I have recently bought my dad an IITRONICs MP3 Player and we can download songs onto it. The problem is that we can't find them or listen to them. We have checked the MP Player's memory and it shows that 17% of the memory is being used up. Could you please tell us what we are doing wrong and what we can do to fix it?
chaz on December 20, 2005
RE: problem with IItronics 6GB MP3 Player

i just bought this mp3 player. i hope i haven't wasted my money because i just don't know how to transfer the songs onto it. i have connected it to my computer using the usb cable and nothing seems to happen. i would really appreciate instructions on how to transfer mp3 files to the player as the user manual which cam with it doesn't give a lot of details. thank you.
markos on December 20, 2005

I have had this piece of guff for about 15 minutes and it keeps switching off every time I go to play my songs!

Surely the battery life is longer than 15 minutes, so can anyone shed some light?

Its becoming increasingly apparent that this is a shit little gadget which is so poorly manufactured it beggars belief, judging by the negative feedback posted on various sites.

Cheers all.
jamie on December 26, 2005

hi all
i have a problem with my mp3 player.....
the problem is that i put a firm ware upgrade on the mp3 player and i followed the instructions but now i cant read play write any songs and it now says that the mp3 player (iitronics imp 11)is now write protected and when i turn it on it just flashes continuously...
please help i have has it for 1 day
thank u...
julian on December 27, 2005

I have downloaded some tracks to the mp3 from my pc but when I try to play them the mp3 says file error and will not play.can anyone help its doing my head in
Donna on December 27, 2005

I had the problem where I couldn't find half the songs I had downloaded onto my MP3 player, even though my computer told me they were there. I deleted the problem files and downloaded them again, making sure I did it from the sub folder for the CD and not the main one. This seems to have solved the problem. Hope this makes sense and will help someone!!
kevin on December 29, 2005

i'm on 98se and every time i try load the drivers i get to utilities first page and it stops responding even when i've downloaded the drivers from there web site could anyone help me!!
bri on December 29, 2005

Ive got problems to with my mp3-11 player,,,,, worked once put about 20 songs on then took them off to change them , Now it wont work at all only had it for about a week before it stoped working .
i got my daughter one for Christmas and hers dont work either. pug it in and nothing happens.
gonna take them back.

Bri.
Garry on December 29, 2005

Anyone having problems with the Imp-11 and in particular Removeable disk not detected try this.
Problems arise with win 98SE.
First obviously install drivers by running setup from the mini cd then reboot system as instructed. Before plugging player into usb port shut down any anti virus running. Then press control-alt-delete and endtask everything except explorer and systray. Now plug imp player into usb port and hardware will be found automatically and software installed. Double click on My Computer and you should see the removeable disk icon. Everything should work again after rebooting without Endtasking anything.
bakerdozen on December 30, 2005

Hi, I bought my son a iitronics imp-11 and i have xp. BUT!!!!! i follow instructions and can't find no removable disc? when i open my computer it just has my floppy , dvd, (c) printer, shared files, and mine and my sons files nooooooo removable disc pleaseeeeee help
MF on December 30, 2005

Hi I bought 2 imp-11 for my daughters i have installed the cd that came with them but dont know what to do to download songs can anyone help?
Jacqueline scarr on December 30, 2005

hi we bought the iitronics 512mb mp3 player for my dad and it won't let me convert songs from a cd to the mp3 player can u please tell me what i have to do

with kind regards

miss j scarr
Ravi on December 30, 2005

I bought my iitronics 128mb mp3 for my sister yesterday and it said i had 27% of memory left.

The thing is i haven't got any files whatsoever on there

What's going on???????

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks in advance

Ravi
MH on December 30, 2005

I brought the iitronics 128mb just a few days ago.....but the thing it onli lets me put abt 7 songs on there and says 74% of the memory is already taken up and i aint even gt anything on it....its rele doing my head in now!!!!!!!!!!!....please someone help me!!! as soon as possible PLEASE!!!
Mel on December 31, 2005

Hi all,
I got my mp3 player for christmas and have followed the instructions as in the book. In my music folder on my mp3 player it comes up that the files are on my mp3 player but when i go to play them it comes up file error. I am using WMA which should work acording to the user manual. I have no idea how to change them to mp3 if thats the problem. Also there are options in the user manual which my mp3 doesn't seem to have. Please can someone help me!!!!!!
laura on December 31, 2005

seems this thing is a piece of rubbish, eh?
Andy Selby on January 1, 2006

Ive got an I MP-11 (256mb) followed the instructions and theres nothing in the Removable Disc folder. As I understand it, the supplied driver disc is for Win 98 only. Ive got Win XP. Please help or its going back to the shop
Richard on January 2, 2006

Ihave a similiar problem re: Andy of previous - the device will not respond to the initial instruction in which the 5 icoms should appear automatically with XP - tried to get it to work with the product disc, but, nothing.
A Present from my son - we both are not happy....likewise, it will be going back to the shop
Amy on January 2, 2006
RE: promblem with converting

i can seem to add MPEG, but not ACC files onto my mp3 player, its says i need tyo convert but how do i do that?
jay jay on January 3, 2006

i have the same problem as most people trying to set up my imp-11 256mb mp3 i have widows xp witch the manual says should auto-recognize the player this happen ok but when i switch on the mp3 i have the lock off but the music,rec ,replay and systems icons does not appear on the mp3 just the computer icon and a files icon in the opposite corner ive being trying since xmas day can any 1 shed some light on the problem plz
Mel on January 3, 2006

Hey all,

Well my mp3 was so rubbish and no one seems to know how to work the bloody thing so mine has gone back to the shop. I hope you all have better luck with yours.
jay jay on January 3, 2006

ok i have another problem now in my memory info it says 96percent used when i dragged my music files they went into the record icon dont ask me how when i cant get them into the music icon when i went ito replay i deleted all files but in the record icon various artists and unknown artist and root are still there any 1 know how to clear everything off the mp3 ?
bakerdozen on January 4, 2006

Ok folks i gaveeeeeeeee up and returned mine to the shop, trouble is i toooo scared to try again, do they alllll need that wretched removeable disc which i neverrrr found. I wish you all good luck, but i think you may be heading back to wheres it came from. happy new year all and i hope u all get to hear your music
Caryn on January 5, 2006
Problem with IItronics IMP-11

I have downloaded tracks to the mp3 from Napster, but when I try to play them the mp3 says file error and will not play. Can anyone help, it's driving me mad?!
Pacman on January 6, 2006

I have been given this mp3 player as a present and it just doesn't work. I have installed all the software, but it doesn't transfer ANY songs. What's more, the shop (Argos) won't change it because the seal is broken. I am so fed up!
Nicky Pennicott on January 6, 2006

I have just purchased a 512MB IItronics MPS (from Argos) player and am having exactly the same problem on my PC as Laura Guest - computer won't detect the removable drive. I've tried it on someone else's machine (laptop) and it worked fine. I know my USB port works ok cos i use it for my printer. Can nayone help?

Cheers,

Nicky
s.sneddon on January 6, 2006
RE: problem with IItronics IMP-11mp3

hey
my mp3 is working fine but someone has stood on my screen...and smashed the glass. (glass/plasctic bit only) anyone know where i can take it to get it fixed! plz reply. thanks!
daniel smith on January 6, 2006

i have put mp3's onto the player the problem is that we can't find them or listen to them. We have checked the MP Player's memory and it shows that 17% of the memory is being used up. Could you please tell us what we are doing wrong and what we can do to fix it?
daniel smith on January 6, 2006

i have put mp3's onto the player the problem is that we can't find them or listen to them. We have checked the MP Player's memory and it shows that 35% of the memory is being used up. Could you please tell us what we are doing wrong and what we can do to fix it? really is a problem!! also you i loaded music onto the player before 120 tracks but then the player only sed that i had 99 on it.
tony on January 7, 2006

so sorry but my mum got me your mp3 product and i just cant get song on to it followed the mannual and all that cums up is lrc Editor and im trying to download the one and only eminem from my cd. i am using windows millenium edition.but i dont know if that help cum on theres are few people that have this product that i know off and they have the same problem so plz plz plz snd me a rply with instuctions to SINKY_RANGERS_NOVO@HOTMAIL.CO.UK thnkz very much i was hoping for music when i go walks PS. futher action may be taken if problem is not resolved.
Emily on January 7, 2006

I have put music on my mp3 but i can't remeber how u do it on windows meida player because it has been updated??? please help me!!!!!!!!!
allan doyle on January 7, 2006

i have the same problem with my imp-11 i have loaded lots of tracks onto it but it only shows that it has 99 tracks. my computer shows that i have 157 tracks on it. how can i access the other tracks
Fiona on January 8, 2006

My son got one of these dodgy pieces of c**p & its definitely going back to the shop. Can't find anything on pc when I plug it in, don't know how to download songs. Absolute rubbish
Mike B on January 9, 2006

All,

I bought the player and works fine. One thing I have noticed is you cannot have more than one level of folders in the memory to play them.
Ie when you transfer the files don't have them in
Artist/Album/Song or the player wont see them just copy the song on its own or one folder containing the song.

Hope this helps.
Hayley on January 11, 2006

Hey everyone!

I bought my dad the mp3 player for his birthday, and so far i've only downloaded 3 songs onto it. They downloaded fine, and will play on windows media player ok, but when I try to enter Msc to play the damn things it says 'no files'!! I'm not getting what this little bugger is playing at. Although I admit I haven't fully read the manual yet. Would really appreciate some help!! Thanks very much...
Hayley on January 12, 2006

Ok, now I have read the manual and it does not help at all!! It's all well and good if the thing works correctly, but mine won't!! I found the tip someone said about syncronizing them using Windows Media Player 10 worked, and i've managed to get one song on there and it plays perfectly, but I can't get the others on the list of WMP 10 to syncronize!! And if i'm honest, I don't know how the first one got on there...Please help. Very stressed x
michael kent on January 14, 2006

i can record 3 songs and then it says the disk is full,looking at the memory it says 17 percent left but their is no files on the disk. in my computer two disk drives come up on display if you download from the second one it shows you have downloaded to the player but nothing plays back ,this might be what is happening to some of your enquirers
Daniel Sadlier on January 16, 2006

Anybody know how to remover write protection?
I can't take off any songs because of it.
anon on January 18, 2006

the player is write protected if the hold switch is in the on position
bleahy on January 20, 2006

Solution - well this worked for me anyway. any songs that are being copied from a cd need to be changed from the .cda to an mp3 format to do this download a converter from http://www.mp3-ripper.net/. convert the songs to mp3 using the trial version of this software. i had the smae problems as above for downloading and this seemed to solve the problem. let me know how ye get on
sophie on January 22, 2006

i bought the mp3 player today and put songs on it of my cd's through media player and wehen i turn the mp3 on its comes to the main menu so i press play on the music icon to listen to my music but nothing happens the background just changes colour please help!
Roger Leighton on January 26, 2006

I spent a great deal of time helping a friend to get this device to work.

1 Make sure your music is MP3, these are much smaller than CDA. We used the free version of Real Audio to do this. 128K conversion seems quite acceptable.

2 Make sure you copy the files to the root. ie no folders - this device does NOT seem to work with sub folders.
Irin Capps on February 10, 2006

i have no idea what to do with my mp3. everytime i try and play a song it shuts its self off and now my computer doesn't even reconise the damn device.
please help SOS
Next Page >>Page 1 of 3

Didn't find what you were looking for on this page?
Browse all Electronics related questions
Browse all Questions and Answers
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 SiliconPharm Corporation, All Rights Reserved