|murali on April 23, 2011|
|write protected turn off process|
1. Click Start->Run.
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. Save your registry settings by clicking file > Export > save. This is the bacup taken in case something messes up.
4. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the + sign next to it.
5. Open SYSTEM by clicking the plus sign next to it.
6. Open CurrentControlSet.
7. Open Control.
problem starts frm here there is no storagedevicepolicies
tell me next alter step plz.......
8. Open StorageDevicePolicies
9. Right click on WriteProtect and click modify.
10. If the value data is 1 change it 0 and click ok.
11. Repeat steps 7 to 10 for ControlSet001 and ControlSet002 .
12. Close Registry editor and its done. You might have to reboot
step 11 is not necessary
if the registry entry does not exist: create it and it will work after you unplug & then plug-in your device again!!!