Notice: Undefined index: page in /data/www/siliconguide/qa/thread.php on line 13
IItronics IMP-11 MP3 Player
 Guides:  Drivers | Questions & Answers | Software | Write to Us
Technical Questions and Answers Silicon Guide
Search SiliconGuide:

Questions & Answers > Electronics
Jack Cotter on November 21, 2005

I have recently bought the above player (128MB and 512MB) I succesfully loaded the software into my computer, and succesfully transfered a full CD's worth of music into each player(each player played the music). My problem is that I then decided to delete the music from each player to put diffent Artists on them.
The deletion was succesful and I then transfered the new music onto the player only to find that the player tells me there are no files in the music mode.
The memory status tells me that a certain amount of memory is being used and also when it's connected to the computer, the F-drive shows me the music is in the player. This is the same for both players.
Hope somebody can help me.
Regards
Jack
Gill on November 24, 2005
RE: IItronics IMP-11 MP3 Player

I have just bought the same mp3 player, the 128mb version. And you have done more then I have. I plugged in the USB cable, nothing happened.. I uploaded the software off the disc in a bid to make it work.. still nothing. It tells me there is no device detected! And there is no removable disk! Even thought It is all plugged in and everything!! Any ideas on how to make it work? I cant get any music on it at all :(

Gill
HelpfulPixie on November 27, 2005

Well i hv the 128 mb player. I plugged it in and it said new hardware found. I made sure that i put in a cd. I then went to windows media player. I chose the 'Copy from cd' option, a message appears askin u to choose from 1 of 2 options. I chose the second one which wa to have no protection on the copied files.

I carried on from there makin sure that there were ticks in the boxes next to the songs that I wanted to copy. I then clicked on copy. Then I went to 'Copy to CD or Device' and checked I had the ticks next to the songs I wanted and clicked on copy. After this the songs were on my mp3 player. Done. Thank you.
amber on November 27, 2005

please help me!!!
i got the 512mb version for my birthday and i cant get it to work i loaded up the program and plugged everything in and it still doesnt work...
i get a message saying cant detect removable disk it says other things too
But it wont even turn on i unplugged it inserted the batteries but it just wont turn on!
Jack Cotter on November 28, 2005

I found out what i was doing wrong by trial and error. I was trying to transfer the songs in Windows Explorer by dragging and dropping as a complete album folder, instead of sending the songs individually from the opened folder.
Regards,
Jack
andy on November 29, 2005

hey, ive got an IItronics 256mb player and it has gone onto repeat mode, the manual says to get it off you can enter the submenu by holding the mode button, in the sub menu the repeat item can be found, but the submenu does not appear, just the normal menu archive!!
Does anyone have a clue how to get rid off repeat?its driving me insane
thanx
onka on November 30, 2005

i have the 512mb version of this player and when i leave the battery in it and switch it off after a few days the battery is completely dead.
bazz7777777 on November 30, 2005

to jack cotter
the imp-11 does allow folders but not sub folders that is why it will not detect your music
Zoe on November 30, 2005

Hi i've just got the IItronics 512mb player and i can't get any music on it....i really don't know what i'm doing can anyone help?
url on December 1, 2005

i have 512. And it works fine. I did not used cd that came with player yet. Even uploading from linux does not cause any problems. Is my player only one which is not spoilt? :)
The Fonz on December 3, 2005

I hv the 1gb and have done exactly wot the manual says but it wont work i have loaded it several times but still wont work hhelp me please
steve on December 5, 2005

Help i have the 128 version but can not read my CD for the software, can anyone please send my the software so i can install it via email? stevesykes@terra.com

much apprciated

Steve
url on December 5, 2005

why do you install that software? i did not used my cd at all, and player works fine for me.
mickey mc grory on December 5, 2005

I bought the 1GB version of this player and have loaded tracks onto it successfully and it works well-to a point!When I access the player from my PC it tells me that there are 160 tracks stored,using up 62% of the memory but I can only play/access 99 tracks of the 160 from the player itself.Any tips or help would be appreciated.I E.mailed the manufacturer and enclosed the URL of this page so that they could take a look at other peoples gripes.Their E.mail is- support@inovixeu.com To the person who cannot adjust the repeat mode:the player has to be actually in play mode (ie playing a song) before you can change this from repeat 1/all to random or whatever.Just push down the toggle lever and you get into a sub menu then select 'REPEAT' and another menu comes up then make your choice.
The User Manual also leaves a lot to be desired very badly written and creates more questions than it answers.So E.mail the firm y'all and let them know your not happy.Regards Mickey.
andy on December 6, 2005

thank you,thought no-one was going to help me!lol.
i will try that out tonight!
with you problem,does the songs that do not play come up with "file error" when you try and play it?if so,it basically means it cannot read it,it might be wrong format, think it can only play mp3 and wma?other wise im stuck on that.
hope that might of helped, if not, i guess im just stupid.
thanks anyways.
regards
andy
The Fonz on December 6, 2005
RE: IItronics IMP-11 MP3 Player 1GB

I have loaded the tracks onto the player but when I try to play it it says there are no files but when I insert the MP3 in the comp it shows me the tracks that I have in the player and lets me play them on the comp i dunno what 2 do
Mickey Mc Grory on December 6, 2005

TO ANDY:Glad to be of help mate!!

TO ALL:I have now got my Player working perfectly but I had to format it with the Disktool which you can find on the Utilities CD and start all over again!!Instead of only 99 tracks I now have 286 with 10% of memory left in about 10 different folders.I found the relevant info here-http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/12462/?page=1

Read this page carefully and you can't go wrong.You need to create your folders initially after formatting then send your tracks to the device drive (mines drive E but could be F/L or whatever)then go in here and drag your tracks into your folders- DING DANG DOO!Hope this helps someone.
Sara on December 6, 2005

i boughts a 128~1024 mb,I succesfully loaded the software into my computer, and succesfully transfered music out of media player into my player(it played the music). My problem is that I then decided to delete the music, to put diffent Artists on it.
The deletion was succesful and I then transfered the new music onto the player only to find that the player tells me there are no files in the music mode.
The memory status tells me that a certain amount of memory is being used and also when it's connected to the computer, the F-drive shows me the music is in the player. This is the same for both players.
i really dont know what to do i niticed sum1 had the same problem but i cant find the reply...can you help...
Keira on December 6, 2005

hi, I somhow turned on intro and I dont know how to turn it off, please tell me how to turn it off. thankyou, Keira xx
Mickey Mc Grory on December 6, 2005

TO SARA:The only experience I have of deleting tracks is to format the whole player(see my last post) but this isn't any good if you only want to take out selected tracks.I think that the best way to manage tracks would be to use your PC.Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

TO KIERA:Thats a nice Irish name!!See my first post on this page in which I explain how to adjust the REPEAT mode.The INTRO function can be turned on/off in this menu.MAKE SURE YOU ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING A TRACK BEFORE TRYING TO ACCESS THIS MENU.Regards Mickey.
Mp3 Muppet on December 10, 2005

lets face it these are shit products that leave a lot to be desired in terms of "friendly/ competent to do the job"
Dont load the software it just complicates matters. Use Xp. Chech your drivers if xp doesnt recognise the device. Ie go to device manager.
I formatted see above post and that helped. but Ultimately its a bad bad mp3 so send it back and buy the MPman mp3/ wma player. Its works great and is just as cheap plus it recharges itself throught the usb port.
Amy on December 10, 2005

i only got the IMP-11 1GB MP3 player today, it installs and everything but there is no Removable Disc icon in My Computer. Can anyone help me.
charles on December 10, 2005

i kinda regret buying it now..i got it 5 mins ago, gtot confused with setting it up and came on here and it has bad reveiws so im gonna return it.
sara on December 10, 2005

i returned mine and got my money back you may aswel buy an ipod they are so easy to use the music goes straight on without problems...i wanted a normal mp3 rather than an ipod but its really not worth all the hassle especially these iitronics ones good luck to everone fixing them.....xxxx
mary on December 10, 2005

Help, I got an mp3 128mb by IItronics, I transfered songs with no problem but nothing would happen when I pressed play so I returned it and got a replacement. Again transfered songs but when I switch it on nothing happens, it goes to the menu but any button I press just makes the screen change colour and thats it! Oh, and the lock button works. Am I doing something wrong??HELP!
stella on December 10, 2005

Help, I got an mp3 1GB by IItronics, I transfered songs with no problem but nothing would happen when I pressed play it would say no files it and got a replacement. Again transfered songs but when I switch it on nothing happens, it goes to the menu but any button I press just makes the screen change colour and thats it! Oh, and the lock button works. Am I doing something wrong??HELP!
louise hill on December 10, 2005

i got the new 128Mb player. i have wndows xp therefore it tells me in the instructions to plug it in to the usb which i did and the removable disc came up i then dragged and dropped the songs and they aren't on the player. can someone tell me what ive done wrong or help kme in any way?? please!
The Fonz on December 11, 2005

ppl u kno what jus take the player bk because itz a bunch of shit take it bk and get ur money bk u might of well get n I-Pod like sara said there easier and plus u can find ur songz it IItronics iz a shit player

The Fonz
mickey mc grory on December 11, 2005

Well after a few problems at the start with this player I have now got it working perfectly but this is no thanks to the manufacturer who supplied maybe the worst user manual that I have ever seen.Yes I suppose we could all buy ipods but not everyone could afford to.As far as I am concerned my player is working perfectly and doing everything that I ask of it so I don't need an ipod.
mary on December 11, 2005

HI! My Player sprung to life today and is working perfectly, Sorry I have no explanatiopn but good luck with yours. P.s I agree - Ipods are way too expensive!
daryl on December 12, 2005

i cant get songs on my mp3 player but i used to get them on have you got a tip for me
Nick on December 12, 2005

The trick when putting tracks in a folder (eg an album name) is to put the folder directly onto the iMP, not in the 'Music' folder. The 'Music' folder seems to be for stray tracks.

The iMP-11 apparently can't cope with sub folders, so if your tracks are in an album folder whch is in an artist folder (as WMP stores them, at least mine does), you need to copy only the album folder onto the iMP-11.
Emma Pennington on December 14, 2005

Can someone help me, I can't download anything on my mp3 player, where am I going wrong?
url on December 14, 2005

have you installed firmware that came with cd?
Gavin Bell on December 15, 2005

I got a 1GB version of this player yesterday and here are some observations:

1. This player does not support DRM, so don't try to copy DRM protected music onto the player. Windows Media Player will get an error trying to copy if you use it.
2. Ensure that (at most) you only have 1 folder - i.e. Music, or something like that, and dont put any sub-folders under that - it wont find any music in subfolders. You can get WMP to do this for you - there's an option.

If you accept these restrictions, there's no reason it shouldn't work. However, if lack of DRM support is an issue, but another player which supports it.
georgina on December 16, 2005

icannot buy download music and put on my 128 or 512.says problem with license! aahhhhh
Am tearing my hair out ..anyone help me with license?have 4 tunes..but cant play or put on mp3!
Gavin Bell on December 16, 2005

See my note above about DRM - if you download songs from the Internet then they are likely to be protected with DRM. This player will not play such songs. You can however, burn them onto a CD then rip them back onto your computer without protecting and these versions can be used on this MP3 player.
Emma Pennington on December 16, 2005

I've finally got my songs on the player, here is how I did it.

I downloaded the latest Windows Media Player free from Microsoft site.

Plugged my USB Cable in the computer with the player plugged in the other end.

Then inserted my music CD in the computer it started playing the music, stopped the music, choose the RIP icon, checked the boxes to which songs I wanted, clicked on Rip Music. When complete it will tell you. Then I went to the SYNC icon (check that the right hand table says F Drive, clicked on edit playlist, found the songs I want on the mp3 by selected them once (you will see them on the next table), click ok and then click on Start sync, files transfer on the right hand side table, which will then be on your MP3 Player, wham bam thank you.
dav on December 16, 2005

ive just bought one and it works perfectly sounds good with a decent set of headfones too i think you get exactly what you pay for.
ABZ on December 17, 2005

Hey I just bought a 512 mp2 player IMP-11. I created these folders - MUSIC - Americal Idiot - mp3's. It does not recognise any of the files. iT SAYS 'NO files'. Can plz someone help me?
Nick on December 17, 2005

ABZ - You mustn't put a folder inside another folder; the iMP can't cope. Put the folders you have created onto the drive next to, not in, the MUSIC (and other) folder which was on when you bought the thing.
amy b on December 17, 2005

i bought a WMA/MP3 player iMP-11 the other day and i dont no how to get songs on it, can you please tell what site to go on to put songs on there
Thanks !
ADAM on December 17, 2005

i got an mp3 (with 512mp)how do i put songs on
Jack Cotter on December 17, 2005

O Boy. I didn't realize I would create such a reaction when I started this thread, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one having problems. As I said earlier, I found out by trial and error, that it's best to transfer individual songs, not as a sub folder. Good luck everyone, maybe we should start a IItronics IMP-11 problems club. Thanks for all your comments and a Happy Xmas playing your MP3 (that's if you can get your songs on it)
presto on December 17, 2005

I've got a different kind of problem than i've seen here. mine is stuck in the "starting..." mode. Thats all it says in the screen and i don't know how to get it back.Even if i take the batteries out then put them back in it just sits there. My brother has an ipod and he can reset it by holding down some of the keys so i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a similar thing for this baby? when i plug it into my PC it is recognised as an (FS)ADFU device whatever the heck that is! any hep or ideas guys??? It is going to be a pressie for someone but if i dont get it sorted soon, it looks like they will be down at Christmas :o(
PAUL on December 17, 2005

IF YOU SIT DOWN AND READ THE MANUAL VERY THOUROUGHLY THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IT
presto on December 18, 2005

Paul,
Thanks for your insightfull words of advice. Any other pearls of wisdom you have for the group, maybe you could, firstly, learn where the caps lock key is and push that once, then use one of key near it called CTRL along with the ALT and DELETE and turn your PC off, as you are about as much use as a chocolate teapot here on this 'support' forum.
Words fail me...............(almost)
danny on December 18, 2005

PLEASE HELP....i've just bought IItronics IMP-11 MP3 Player i cannot get any music on it... i just get the message THIS MEDIA IS RIGHT PROTECTED.... please help what the hell do i do
Fonz on December 18, 2005

firstly paul u got told like a bitch secondly danny you have to sync the songz 2 the player but read the manual but it iz a rubbish player
Hazsim on December 18, 2005

Emma you are the best, I have just spent hours trying to get my MP3 player to work can't make head nor tale of the stupid user guide so followed your instruction worked first time THANK YOU xx
Next Page >>Page 1 of 5

Didn't find what you were looking for on this page?
Browse all Electronics related questions
Browse all Questions and Answers
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 SiliconPharm Corporation, All Rights Reserved