Notice: Undefined index: page in /data/www/siliconguide/qa/thread.php on line 13
how to remove write protection on mp3s
 Guides:  Drivers | Questions & Answers | Software | Write to Us
Technical Questions and Answers Silicon Guide
Search SiliconGuide:

Questions & Answers > Electronics
musicmaster on July 15, 2006

I had a problem with my mp3 player. It is a San Disk that requires a memory card. When I tried to copy music, it said, "This disk is write protected, please use another disk or remove write protection." Try looking at the memory card and switiching the position of the "lock" key. I know it sounds kind of obvious, but it's worth a shot. After all, they don't tell you that in the manual.
mitch on July 26, 2006
RE: how to remove write protection on mp3s

that isnt working for me
sojey on July 31, 2006
RE: how to remove write protection on disk

i cant download song on sand disk it is saying cannot copythe disk is write-proted remove the write-protection or use anther disk how to take of san disk
drew on August 16, 2006

yea same here mines some ramdom brand without a removeable momory card and it says it write protected wtf??!! never happened b4 plz help
drew on August 16, 2006

lol i found out y the hold button on the mp3 take that off
Allibob on October 9, 2006

Ok i got this 256MB Sd memory card so that i could put more songs on my mp3 player, when i put it in and tried to copy music from my computer to the new memory card like i was supposed to do a notice pops up on the screen saying it is write protected and so i researched it and tried moving the little switch on the side but it still said the same thing.

What do I do?
fck on November 1, 2006

how can i remove write propection on my mmc?
robyn on November 10, 2006

hi can someone help me please i have a mp3 player and its saying i have to remove the write-protection but i have another problem..... i have dropped my mp3 1 to many times and they writing on the screen nevar comes up but the light does..... so i have know idea what im ment to do someone plese help me! ... thanks x x x
jav on November 10, 2006

yes i did have the same problem with the combi card reader/writer but when i use diferent card reader/writer i dont get message this disk is write protected trying using diferent type of card reader/writer
kaiser on November 17, 2006

geez im having a big problem on my card reader.. i dont know if it is the card reader or the memory card it self.. its says.. disk write protected.. geez.. whats the problem of the society.. its really annoying... its like buying a card reader or memomy card for a display only..I NEED THIS PROB TO BE SOLVED!!! HELP!!!
samo on November 18, 2006

im trying to put songs from my pc to my phone ok using a card reader it has no switch and moving the files causes this message to come up ,This disk is write protected, please use another disk or remove write protection." any help ?
lol on November 25, 2006

TO REMOVE THE WRITE PROTECTION, TAKE OFF THE HOLD BUTTON ON THE MP3 PLAYER!!!!!

LISTEN TO ME! LOL
Zahid on November 28, 2006

I have same problem with both of my mp3s can you please help?
john on December 4, 2006

i have a sd card that is telling me to remove write protection can you help me figure this out thank you
novice on December 4, 2006

You really need to listen to the guest "lol". I bought a dinky little MP3 player with pre-loaded selections that I wanted to remove. The first time I removed half. When I returned to finish the task another day, I got the "write protected" message. Thanks to "LOL" (which is exactly what I did when his idea worked), I was able to easily remove the remainder of the unwanted tracks. All I had to do was slide the hold button on the top that prevents the keys from accidentally being turned on and I was good to go! Thanks LOL.
ronald green on December 5, 2006

When I try to remove songs from my m3p
The message says I must remove write protect first
Help
jerimihah BungleBean on December 9, 2006

It Really Works Just Take Of The Hold How Simple Thank You Who Ever Stated That We Spent 2 Hours Trying To Get Round That Problem
aelbers on December 27, 2006

i guess a better way to explain it would be to just say on the sandisk dont lock it. leave it unlocked and place it in the computer.
rahul on December 28, 2006

i want to remove some files from my mp3, but it said my mp3 playes was write protected. i want to know how can i remove my write protected.

thank you
adnan on December 31, 2006

How should i remove the write protection of my mp3 player as the hold key is already there in my usb but its not working so give me the solution of the problem plz
Neecie on January 2, 2007

To remove the write-protection simply move the hold button!!

The same thing was happening to me and I checked it out.. THE HOLD BUTTON IS THE PROBLEM!!

WoW!! DO I feel awsomely slow! :)

This is a DuH!! Moment as my god daughter calls it :)
tlexin on January 2, 2007

I moved the "HOLD" button to "UNLOCK" and it still won't delete my selected album from my MP3 player. What now?
tl
Cruise on January 2, 2007

hi, I tried your idea with the hold button but it didnt work for me, it still said remove the write protection. so what do I do now? thanks for trying to help us =D
Barney on January 2, 2007

please HELP!
prashant on January 9, 2007

i want to remove some files from my mp3, but it said my mp3 playes was write protected. i want to know how can i remove my write protected in memory card
joe on January 14, 2007

musicmaster you are a genius! i just baught an mp3 player and it did not allow me to put songs onto it. when i tried the message "This disk is write protected, please use another disk or remove write protection" would appear. All i had to do was physically switch the mp3 player off of "hold" and i was able to add songs no problem.
Tim on January 16, 2007

Listen dude. We dont even have the card in an MP3 player. It is in a card reader. And it says the card is write protected so we cant paste songs onto the card. It worked one time but after the first time it says its write protected. There is no HOLD key on a card or card reader. And the write switch is in the right position on the SD Card. It still says its write protected.
steve on January 22, 2007

i try to load songs from my pc, to an mp3 player, but it say's that the thing is write protected, how can i remove the write protection?
penny on January 26, 2007
RE: how to remove write aprotection on mp3s

Hiya, it say 2 remove hold button but when i do, it still says please remove write protection!!!!!!!! help
Chris on January 27, 2007

your adaptor for the chip might be locked if you unlock it that should firgure out the problem
erik on January 28, 2007

and how EXACTLY do u remove this write-protection!!???
narisa on January 28, 2007

listen to "lol" !!! just UNLOCK THE CHIP !
dizzy on January 31, 2007

fuck yeah.

i think it MAY have worked
dizzy on January 31, 2007

for a better explanation.

the mini chip inserts into the larger chip which fits in the card reader. There is a little slide which locks the mini chip into the larger, leave that unlocked and the files will tranfer.
Janne on January 31, 2007

How do i remove that sign that says write protected on my disk card? i want to delete some songs on there and i cant and i want to add some songs too but it wont let me.? also, how do i know if its lock or not?
Muthu on February 3, 2007
RE: how to remove write protection on 36 in 1 card

i have problem with my 36 in 1 card reader. it was working fine till last week. now its working, when you copy contents from it. But when u try to update or delete some stuffs from it, it shows error, like its write protected. remove the lock and proceed
Dana on February 8, 2007

OKAY.... I know that SOMETIMES it works to remove the "hold" button... HOWEVER, I have tried that myself and both my MP3 Player AND the memory card that I have that goes in it... It STILL doesn't work... I have no clue what to do next... I agree with everyone who says 'Just listen to "LOL" ', but still... for those of us who have tried that there's something else we need to do... Any help anyone?
Dana on February 8, 2007

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

I found what I'm about to type below after I posted my bulletin above this... Download what I'm putting below!!!!!

I Tried to set security to prevent my Children / trainees writing to my USB Stick, I Used a Program Called XPSecurity 2005c Build 1219. Thinking it would set XP permissions for users, But it switched on the write protect instead. Download the Software From www.softpedia.com (use their site search).

When you have installed the software! Click the File system Tab on Left and then the USB Device accessability tab and select Disabled. and apply

If you still get a Device is write protected error when you try to format, then just do the format again (give a couple of seconds for the policy to be set)

PS Software is not freeware Please register it. alternatively!

Use this information and uninstall (I take no responsibility for unauthorized usage) NAME: removed by sngx1275 CODE: removed by sngx1275
kenneth on February 9, 2007

sorry..the..space..in..my..computer..is..broken,just..tried..to..read.it.like..this.like.everyone..else.I.have.the.same.problem.however,my.my.memory.card.don't.have..a..switch...it..is...a..different...memory.card...it's..for..my..phone(6680)...I..used..a..memory..card..reader(it..doen't.have..a..swith..either)..to..read..my..memory..card....every.time..I..try.to.copy,delete,etc...the..write-protection..message..pop-ups..............I...don't..know.what..to..do........SO>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>>>>HELP>>>ME!!!.....my..email...is...kenzai2305@yahoo.co.uk........so..pls..help..me!!..THANK>>YOU!
Jennifer on February 9, 2007

I am so grateful to whoever posted the 'take it out turn it off remove battery etc.' felt like taking a hatchet to the f****** thing...well it was 2.45 am!!!!! I am an old bird I would not have had a clue.....and whaddya know it worked....it really worked.....
Tori on February 10, 2007

Thanks to my dad telling us that the "lock" switch was so that the memory card didnt fall out...we spent two days trying to figure out how to put music on this stupid thing. NEVER LISTEN TO GUYS!!!!
charan on February 12, 2007

im trying to put songs from my pc to my phone ok using a card reader it has no switch and moving the files causes this message to come up ,This disk is write protected, please use another disk or remove write protection." any help ?
pls mail how r solve this problem?
charantejch@yahoo.com
Tracy on February 17, 2007

I have a LG EnV and I lost the cord to put music on it and they were right, all you had to do was unlock it on the side of the adapter for the disk.
:D
good job :D
Your mother on February 18, 2007

STUPID FUCKS.... UNLOCK THE FUCKIN THING
loooool on February 20, 2007

its so funny
just listen to lol
loooooooooooooooooooooooool
sprinton on February 21, 2007

TAHNK U SO MUCH
kapssi on February 23, 2007

how to remove write protection from sd card
metalmario on February 27, 2007

yeah it worked for me! un-plug the devise, take it off hold and stick it back in!
................... on March 7, 2007

yeah omg thats what i just did and now mines up agn
aseem on March 9, 2007

thanks a lot.fiddling with the lock/unlock switch of my mini sd adaptor solved this problem.

thanks to all
Next Page >>Page 1 of 3

Didn't find what you were looking for on this page?
Browse all Electronics related questions
Browse all Questions and Answers
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 SiliconPharm Corporation, All Rights Reserved