Guides:  Drivers | Questions & Answers | Software | Write to Us
Technical Questions and Answers Silicon Guide
Search SiliconGuide:

mp3 player write protected

Questions & Answers > PC Hardware
Mike on June 7, 2006
RE: mp3 player write protected

wel if ur using the transflash card make sure that the adapter is not in the lock position.
paul on June 15, 2006

Hi I am trying to download music from my cd's to my phones mps player. Windows media player says I have to remove write protected. How do you do that?
jared on June 23, 2006

i have an cheapy audio solutions mp3 player i was getting that messege because i did not go throught the safe removal procedure

so what i did was i plugged it back into the computer went through the safe removal thing and disconnected it and then i plugged it back in and it worked fine i was able to do everything again-
Mysg on July 12, 2006

Hi I am trying to delete away the songs from MP3 player. But the files are write protected. What should I do to remove the protection?
emma on July 17, 2006

hey im having the same problem and i tryed on other web site how to get it of but none work please help!!!!
Pimp on July 28, 2006

So, are there any solutions to this yet?
Vanessa Heine on August 18, 2006

I am trying to remove songs from my MP3 player and it tells me the disk is write protected. What should I do?
carly on August 18, 2006

i got the new samsung a950 phone w mp3 player, adn i am trying to transfer music from my pcs limewire to the phone, i could do it on my moms computer no problem, but now im home and my computer says all the songs are write protected.. please help i need my music!!!
Dan on August 27, 2006

I have the i870 phone with mp3 player, and i am can't seem to get songs from itunes to it. They transfer to the folder that says AUDIO VIDEO IMAGE, but they dont show up on the phone, i dont know what to do to get them to be on the phone, please help!
Aki on September 10, 2006

it says the disk is write protected when i try to put anything onto it. how do you get rid of this problem?
miranda on September 18, 2006

hey i am trying to put songs onto my mp3 player and it is telling me that it is write protected. how do you remove the write protection. plz help it is really frustrating
Siva on September 20, 2006

I also had the same issue with my mp3 players and memory cards.

This works if your mp3 player or usb flash device works fine with with other computers.

1) Click Start->Run.

2)Type regedit and hit enter.

3)Click file and click Export and give a file name and save. Just to rollback if you want.

4)Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

5)Click on the plus sign next to SYSTEM

6)Click on the plus sign next to CurrentControlSet

7)Click on the plus sign next to Control

8)Click on the plus sign next to StorageDevicePolicies

9)Write click on WriteProtect and click modify.

10)If the value data is 1 change it 0 and click ok.

11)Repeat steps 7 to 10 for ControlSet001 and ControlSet002 .

12)Close Registry editor and restart the computer.

Your will be able to format, delete or copy files to your USB storage device.

Enjoy!!
Sweet_g56 on October 6, 2006

i can go all the way to step 8
but on my list i do not have storageDevicePolices...what should i do?
ME on October 20, 2006

I have a lyra RD1076 MP3 player that had problems with write protech, but after reading some post ( turn the hold off ), i turned off the random play, messed with the DSP setting and turned off and on the lock in the back of the player... and poof was able to format and move files.

I hope this helps anyone else out
ann on October 24, 2006

i can go all the way to step 8 on siva's message. but i have no StorageDevicePolicie. i dont no what to do next cans omeone please help me thank-you. x.
mimi on October 29, 2006

Anybody know how to get all songs on the i870 mp3 player.When I sync my songs to the memory card the card reads but only 6 songs will transfer to the phone.Sombody please help before I through this thing. Very frustrating...help please.
Jermaine on October 31, 2006

i have an 870 and i cant seem 2 get my mp3 songs from my itunes to my phone someone please help me
Nitesh on November 1, 2006

i am trying to put music on my mp3 player but it always says write protected an i cant get rid of it i have tryed all da bove but noting wrk plz help
Anthony on November 6, 2006

WOW thank you so much... it was very fustrating for me to not know how to take off the write protect. ahah... all i had to do was to switch the hold button. again, thank you very much
Laura on November 9, 2006
in the library

if i go to my local library, i was just wondering, coz the library computer is that upd\ted do u think i will still be able to copy cd's onto my mp3?

write back people plz!
asap
xoxox
Courtney on November 23, 2006

I can go all the way to step 8
but on my i do not have storageDevicePolices...what should i do?
Eric on November 26, 2006

ok hold on now when i try to put my song into my memory card it says its write protected no one is being specific how to do it
Emily on November 26, 2006

I have the same problem. I don't have StorageDevicePolicies on my registry and can't go past step 8.

Help, please??
Matt on December 10, 2006

hey I had the same problem but i corrected the following and the problem was solved. The problems were fairly ludicrous once i'd figured them out hehe :D

- Make sure the player isn't on 'hold'
- I replaced the battery in my player :p
- I turned my player 'on' :p

try that if ur still having trouble. they're simple things that you may have overlooked by searching for more complicated solutions.

matt.
Sierra on January 2, 2007

I cant put music on my mp3 player. But I cant go past step 8 what do you do??
DUDE on January 5, 2007

if u want to transfer music onto ur mp3 fone heres some things that worked for me...

my san disk can go right into a port on my computer

if you have this, continue reading, if not, i cant take u any further.

anyways, if u get the write protect thing, you take the san disk out of "lock" mode.

then you put the card in, and go to windows media player or download it if u dont.

you can then drag all of your music (from limewire) into a playlist

then go to the sync tab at the top of windows media player and click start sync

the music will sync onto ur card, but u will not be able to play it yet

you then have to my computer and open the F: drive (your memory card) and highlite all of the songs

finally, you will drag them into my music part.

hope this was helpful to some1
Vlad on March 9, 2007

Hi guys, first I apologize for my poor English... My mp3 thomson lyra is write protected. I can copy all files from the mp3 player -> pc, but I can't touch the files on the mp3 player and also I can't add any new files to the mp3 player. Moreover, when I turn the player on, it writes: "No files" although there are actually some files there (I can see them when connected to PC). I've read all the thread above but nothing helped. If anybody knows how to unprotect the shitty player, please email me. I'll buy you few beers, shots, vine or whatever you drink :-) I am lost. BTW, hold button is off, it's turned on when plugged in PC, etc. Thanks so much to everybody in advance. Sincerely, Vlad
Sean on March 16, 2007

I own a Diablotek MP3 player. The hold button is off, the SD card is NOT locked and I cannot get past step 8 on that list posted above. I am getting extremely frustrated and do not know what to do. Please help!
PAndy on May 1, 2007

For Xiron Mp3 player ,for firmware use soft from http://members.lycos.nl/stxiron3/firmware.html
big boi on May 2, 2007

yea i hav the nextel i870 n it says i have to remove the write protected to put songs but i dont know how to remove it so can someone help me
Donna on May 4, 2007

Your a smart one Matt my MP3 was on hold that was the problem what a simple solution to such a pain in the BUTT problem. Thanks. Donna
clayton on May 9, 2007
RE: mp3 lock switch

have a rca lyra 1076 and the lock swicth fell out of the player. the player is in the lock mode.
still have the plastic switch and can put it back in but player is still in lock mode.
sharath on May 14, 2007

Hi guys, first I apologize for my poor English... My mp3 thomson lyra is write protected. I can copy all files from the mp3 player -> pc, but I can't touch the files on the mp3 player and also I can't add any new files to the mp3 player. Moreover, when I turn the player on, it writes: "No files" although there are actually some files there (I can see them when connected to PC). I've read all the thread above but nothing helped. If anybody knows how to unprotect the shitty player, please email me. Thanks so much to everybody in advance. Sincerely, Sharath
tony on May 30, 2007
RE:phone memory card write protected

hi guys,first i would thanks for your good work my own problem is that my memory card can't recieve any thing because its says that the file format doesn't support my phone i tried to format on my phone it did format but it didn't still work so i tried to format it on my PC but it didn't work it said it was write protected i want my memory card to be up and running please help me..........thanks
Dak on June 4, 2007

for those of you who are having trouble with the mp3 player freezing when it is put on hold if its anything like the rca H100 just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds
mairinco on June 20, 2007

music no limit player...this problem..
device media write-protected
Charlie on July 5, 2007
backlight switches on, but nothing else

Hi there,

Can anyone help me? I have a Xiron 256MB MP3 player which I received as a gift.
It worked fine for about 4 and half months. A few days ago I noticed that it does not work that well. My backlight (blue) works but I get nothing else on my display, so I can't select which song I'd like to listen to.
I can save music or data on it, but I can't read any of the song titles. I tried formating (FAT) but to no avail.
Is there anyone out there who can help me, please?

Thanx,
Charlie
Sara on July 11, 2007

I have a SanDisk Sansa mp3 player, and I loaded some write-protected files, and now I can't delete them. Can anyone help me?
Dirk on August 16, 2007

Damn these manufacturers, we pay a lot of money for a "worthy gadjet" then this ... picturing them on the beach on the Bahama's sipping cocktails and laughing and we are stuck with this crappy stuff... Damn you technical engineers, FIX THE PROBLEM AND GIVE US OUR MONEY'S WORTH!

(those who are providing the "hold button" solution should get their heads examined as I am pretty sure even my 4 year old son would have tried that...)
somebody on August 25, 2007

hi. your memory card might have a lock on it and then you have to unlock it. and your songs might have to be in mp3 form.
John on August 27, 2007

ARRGGGHHH These guys are morons

"Have you turned off the write protect on the chip?"
"Have you turned off the hold button?"

OF COURSE WE HAVE!!! READ THE THREAD.

I have a diablotek mp3 player and get the same problem, it says the drive is write-protected. I take the sd card out and put it in another card reader and it works fine. It's the durn player! Cheap piece of crap.

At least with this one I have the option to put the card in another reader and write the files to it that way. But not everyone has a card reader with them at all times.
CARLA LA PUTA on September 1, 2007

I Cant Format My MP3 pLAYER
IT´S WRITE PROTECTED HOW CAN I DO?????????
Cliff on September 14, 2007

Had the same problem, tried to investigate a bit.

I could write on it with another computer that had never seen the player.

So, I guess, it must be my computer!

Well, I didn't know how or where my own computer stored the stupid information that my mp3 player was write-protected, but I thought I should get it to reset its information.

1-Put the lock on your player while it is unplugged and try to start it, then turn it off (if it doesn't do so automatically).

This will make sure the player tells the computer it is write-protected.

2-Plug the player to your PC through USB.

This will tell the PC your player is write-protected correctly.

3-Unplug your player from the PC (don't forget to disconnect using the little tray icon)

4-release the lock and start the player, the turn it off.

5-plug it back to the PC, hte write-protect status should have changed this time.
Josh on September 15, 2007

Hi, I have a 2gb mp3 video with touch pad control. wen i first got it i could easily download song onto it, i could also delte and move its files around, but now i cant dlete,cut,or move any of my files, mp3 is still working properlly etc. but that seem the b the only problem i cant add or remove files/songs. (when i try it says please remove the write protection) how do i do this? Its confusing.
Rebeccah on September 15, 2007

Okay so I'm trying to set this MP3 player up for my mom and it was WRITE PROTECTED well I was tryin everything on this list to fix it but then I realized that you CAN'T have the MP3 player on hold while it's plugged into the computer and you're trying to edit the music on your player because it just wont work so yeah just take your player off hold.
Cal on October 27, 2007

Hey i had the same problem with the error of the mp3 being write protected, i turned off the hold button on the mp3 and then everything worked fine!
Patrick on November 12, 2007

I had the same problem with my mp3 player and i just turned off the hold button and everything worked out just fine.
clavo on November 29, 2007

i had the same problem most of u guys have, my solution was just to unpgrade my Windows Media Player it vonverted the files, now i have all my music in my SD card. :p
Dra on January 5, 2008

when i put my storage card into my computer n try to move music from my computer to the storage card it says remove the write-protection. what do i do??????
ME on January 5, 2008

i need help! i am trying to copy a CD onto my usb drive but it says WRITE PROTECTED! what do i do?
<< Previous Page  Next Page >>Page 2 of 3

Didn't find what you were looking for on this page?
Browse all PC Hardware related questions
Browse all Questions and Answers
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 SiliconPharm Corporation, All Rights Reserved